Friday, May 1, 2009

Tyler Florence's Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have ate so many cookies today!!!!! Maybe that's a good thing! Surely I won't want to eat any sweets tomorrow at the Derby party?? Well, maybe for the first hour and then I bet I'll start craving sweets again : ) Well, I saved the best cookie for last!! My all-time favorite cookie is Tyler's big fat chocolate chip cookie. I have made this about 7 or 8 times since my first post. I have made them with all dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and today I made them with half semi-sweet and half white chocolate. This was all the chocolate that I had left in my pantry and I figured that I couldn't go wrong. We were not dissapointed!!
This cookie recipe is a sure thing! If you haven't tried it yet, then I am telling you that you have been missing out!! This is the best cookie recipe around. Try it with all kinds of chocolate. Throw in some oatmeal, raisins, nuts, coconut... Make your own adapatations. I certainly have and the recipe works everytime. The one thing that I will say is that you have to make the cookie BIG. I tried to make smaller cookies and they were not as chewy. Experiment with this recipe, but continue to make the cookies the 1/4 c. size in the recipe. I bet you won't be dissapointed either : )

3 comments:

  1. These are one of my favorites. They Look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are just a cookie-making machine! Did you save any for me? Because I could sure use one right now to dip into my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHH chocolate! YUM! I could reach right into the screen and grab a handful of these cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.