Monday, June 8, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies


The first time I saw these cookies I knew I had to make them!! I first saw these cookies on Donna's blog, My Tasty Treasures. I wanted to make the cookies right away, but I didn't have any oreos on hand. By the time I went to the grocery store on Saturday, two other bloggers had already made these cookies!! Pam at For the Love of Cooking and Sara of Delectable Dining. I say great minds think alike!!

This is one of those recipe that you just have to try. My daughter had so much fun helping me make these cookies. Her favorite part was smashing the oreos. She really loved the cookies and thinks they are better than "plain old chocolate chip cookies." My husband says he might agree with her on that one. My batch made 26 cookies, but I had a cookie monster in my kitchen that was eating the dough before they could be baked : )

1 stick butter, room temperature
6 Tbsp. white sugar
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 cup a/p flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oreo cookies, broken into pieces
1 cup chocolate chips (I used semisweet)

Turn your oven on to 350F. In a mixer or by hand, cream the butter and both sugars. Once mixed, add the egg and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) in a separate bowl and add slowly to the butter/sugar mixture. Once your dough has been mixed, add in your crushed oreos and your chocolate chips. Bake the cookies at 350F between 7 and 9 minutes. I made my cookies about the size of a one heaping tablespoon. I think the recipe was suppose to make 50 cookies, but most people are getting between 26 and 36.

You can also find the recipes on the other blogs listed above. This is a great recipe!! I hope you enjoy it!!

Happy Eating : )

8 comments:

  1. Wow - I think Oreos are great in just about anything. What a terrific recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't these good?? They didn't last long at all in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god...these are like two great classic cookies in one! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you tried these and liked them Kim! Your photo looks fabulous! Thank you for the shout out also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally bookmarked these when I saw them on Donna's blog. I am totally recipe backlogged though. Another rave review has pushed them up on the list! Although there are five cookie monsters in my house so the dough may never make it to the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I have to stop seeing these....I want to make them so badly. (So, just do it, right...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies used to make more cookies. Sort of like cookie recycling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.