Sunday, March 31, 2019

My Top Five Ruth Reichl Recipes!


We are wrapping up our time with Ruth Reichl at I Heart Cooking Clubs. I've made some really fun and different recipes with Ruth and I've definitely really enjoyed my time in the kitchen with her. These are my top five Ruth Reichl favorites, in order.

(Click on the recipe title for the recipe and original post)

Number Five: Ruth's Cheddar and Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes. I've made a lot of twice-baked potatoes in my time and these are among my favorites. We love the hint of garlic and all the proportions are just right. These are a perfect side dish for a special meal.

Number Four: Ruth's Food Cart Curry Chicken. A New York City food cart specialty and a busy cook's best friend. This is a delicious weeknight chicken dish that is perfect family food. The chicken is tender and flavorful, but mild enough to be kid-friendly. I highly recommend this one!


Number Three: Ruth's Parmesan Walnut Salad In Endive Leaves. This was the very first Ruth Reichl recipe I made and it stuck with me ever since. This is a beautiful appetizer, or spread, for any party or gathering. The colors are gorgeous and the flavors are fresh and bright. I love the crunch from the walnuts against the chewiness of the cheese and the crispness of the endive leaf. It's a little creamy, but light. It's healthy and a little indulgent. It's just perfectly balanced. This would be a great dish to take to any potluck!

Number Two: Ruth's Shirred Eggs Over Potato Puree. Um, creamy mashed potatoes with an ooey gooey egg on top? Yes, oh my word, yes. Pure bliss. Total comfort food. Please make this!


Number One: Ruth's Baked Cheddar Olives. A retro recipe if there ever was one. Here is a dish that was present at many women's bridge parties in the 1950s. I wasn't sure what to expect with this recipe, but it was so different and I just knew I had to give it a try. I was mind blown by how delicious these were! The dough bakes up around the olive like a cheese cracker and these are the most addictive little devils. I absolutely LOVE this recipe and I think you should make them for every single party until the end of time! Baked Cheddar Olives for everyone, for ever and ever.

2 comments:

  1. I love the recipes you chose. I wish I had made more from Ruth. I will look into those twice baked potatoes and that chicken curry. Doable for me in our next 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can anyone resist the melting cheese on top of the cheddar and garlic twice-baked potatoes? Ruth does have a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.