Sunday, December 30, 2018

My Top Ten Favorite Recipes of 2018!


This year was by far the busiest year I've ever had. Maybe it's because I went back to work after taking time off, maybe it's because my daughter is a senior, or maybe it's because both kids are in several different activities. Either way, this year flew by!

I had a few #FOODGOALS that I made back in January. The first was to blog about my mom's recipes. I cooked them, but I never got around to sharing them because I could never find the words. I don't think I realized how hard it would be. Hopefully, I'll find the words in 2019. The second goal was to teach my daughter how to cook some new recipes. That was a much easier goal and I definitely succeeded in that. The third goal was to share ALL of my dishes on Instagram and while I certainly didn't share them ALL, I did manage to share most of the dishes I shared here on Stirring The Pot.

Now let's talk about my food trends of 2018. I started the year addicted to food on toast. I think I lived off random things on toast for the first four months of the year. Also big in 2018 was shrimp, a big staple in the Stirring the Pot kitchen, year after year. However, the biggest food trend for me this year was hands-down potatoes! Holy cow... I made A LOT of potato dishes this year, and to prove it, there are FOUR potato dishes in this roundup.

By far, one of my favorite things to do this year was going to The Farmer's Market at The Castle. I enjoyed the peaceful ride down the winding country roads and all the wonderful goodies in my weekly farmer's box. It was such a delight! I love winter and spring, but I will definitely be counting down the days until I can do it again next year.

And, lastly, I'm ending my roundup with two of my favorite desserts. It's always good to end on a sweet note!

Happy New Year to all! I wish you all the best in the coming year.





















4 comments:

  1. This is a fab collection, Kim. I hope you're able to find the words to share your Mom's recipes this year. When I blogged mine, it was a comfort. Hopefully you'll also find it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of goodness! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first on the list: Burrata and kale pesto bruschetta is your idea which I took and blogged about. You keep on putting up good dishes, week after week. It was a fun year cooking along with you at IHCC. Happy 2019! Can't wait for more delicious eats and good stories in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.