Sunday, February 12, 2023

My Top Five Game Day Favorites!

 

Ina Garten's Hot Dogs in Puff Pastry 

I will never shut up about these hot dogs. Literally never. The puff pastry is flaky and delicious and the hot dogs are hot and juicy and I don't care what anyone says about this recipe, it's a total winner. A major crowd pleaser!

    Ina Garten's Parmesan Chipotle Popcorn 

I made this popcorn before Christmas and little did I know that it would be THE ONLY WAY I eat popcorn now. This is so much better than is sounds or looks. The cheesy buttery popcorn with the hint of spice...it's like the perfect combination and just so addicting. Plus, it is easy as can be to make!

 Ellie Krieger's Healthy Five Layer Dip 

This is a healthy, vegetarian, five layer dip perfect for any snacking or gaming event. The first layer is a creamy layer of black beans seasoned with chipotle pepper, followed by a layer of corn mixed with a little onion, garlic, and cilantro. On top of the corn sits a layer of mashed avocado with lime juice, followed by a fresh salsa made from tomatoes, jalapeno, and scallions. The fifth, and final layer, is all about the cheese. You can use cheddar cheese or whatever cheese you like. I like to change it up using sharp white cheddar because it delivers so much flavor or Monterey Jack. Either way this dip is beyond delicious and you can feel good about eating it!

 
Okay, I've included these baked olives in several favorites roundups and I will keep doing it because they are utterly delicious! I love the cheesy crackery coating on the outside of the olives. It almost tastes like a goldfish cracker or a cheese it and it pairs perfectly with the salty olive hiding inside. These are just so dang good!
 
I thought I had my favorite chicken wing recipes, until I tried Mark Bittman's broiled version. I believe I said his recipe had a trifecta going on: broiled crispy chicken, incredibly balanced sauce with loads of buttery garlic flavor, and really juicy chicken. My family descends on these like a pack of wolves.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to try that popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a delicious menu of game-day extravaganza to look at. Too bad I can't just reach out and eat one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.