Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Macaroni & Cheese Roundup!

Macaroni and cheese is one of our favorite side dishes here in the Stirring The Pot kitchen. Originally I wanted to make Ina's newest Macaroni & Cheese recipe this week, her Overnight Macaroni & Cheese.
 
You know what they say about the best made plans, right? Well...my daughter got real sick with covid, it's my son's 16th birthday tomorrow, and our upstairs heater broke so we have zero heat. I could go on, bu,t basically I forgot to prep the macaroni and cheese the night before and since it's overnight mac and cheese it was a total bust today.
 
I thought about it long and hard and decided that I've made a lot of macaroni and cheese over the years and I've never done a macaroni and cheese roundup, so here goes!

If you love macaroni and cheese like we do, you might want to try some of these! 

Click on the recipe title to be directed to the original post and recipe!

Ok, come on...doesn't this look delicious and perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner? Plus, you don't have to make the squash because it's already in the pasta. It's like a two-in-one!
Same kind of idea here...don't wanna make macaroni and cheese plus a green veggie? Just go ahead and put them both together. Look at us being multitaskers!
Tomato makes a great pairing with macaroni and cheese and Jacques Pepin will never steer you wrong with one of his gratins!
If you're feeling a little south of the border, then Rick Bayless's Salsa Mac n' Cheese is just as good as any! I love the idea of doing different salsa variations. 
If you're in the mood to be a little healthier with things, Ina's Crusty Baked Shells and Cauliflower is a terrific recipe. The cauliflower does a great job standing in for pasta and that crusty topping is oh so good!
 Once again, Pepin will never steer you wrong. He is pretty much a gratin genius! This mac and cheese is great if you have any leftover ham during the holidays that needs using up. This is a great way to do it and...everyone loves a one pot meal!

2 comments:

  1. I would not turn my nose up at any of those recipes :)

    Bookmarking bc there are several I'd like to make soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these variations on mac and cheese. Hope your daughter is fully recovered and that the rest of you were spared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.