Sunday, August 28, 2022

Ina Garten's Classic Daiquiris


Sometimes summer nights call for a refreshing cocktail.

A simple syrup, some lime juice, and some rum and you are all set to go.

Fill your cocktail shaker three fourths of the way with ice and shake, shake, shake.

You have a refreshing and delicious cocktail that will really cool you down and help you relax!

 Classic Daiquiris

Adapted from Food Network

by Ina Garten

Makes 6 cocktails

1 cup sugar

1-1/3 cups freshly squeezed lime juice 

1-1/3 cups dark rum

very thin round slices of lime, for serving

Combine the sugar with 1 cup water in a small saucepan, and heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Set aside to cool or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

When ready to make the cocktails, combine the lime juice, 1 cup of the sugar syrup, and the rum in a pitcher. Fill 6 cocktail glasses with ice and pour the mixture over the ice. Garnish each cocktail with a slice of lime and serve ice cold.


 

 

 

 

 

Summer Nights @ IHCC

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a drinker of anything. But I can taste the exciting mix that it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize daiquiris were this easy! Now I'm wondering why I haven't been making them every Friday night...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.