Sunday, August 14, 2022

Fruit Salad with Limoncello

Once Upon A Time...way back before the pandemic, I bought a bottle of Limoncello with high hopes for many Limoncello recipes. It's years later now and I’m just getting around to those recipes. 

Ina's Fruit Salad with Limoncello was #1 on my list of Limoncello recipes because fruit salad is just yummy, but then Ina lets the fruit marinate in a combination of Limoncello and sugar, before topping it with the creamiest dreamiest Greek yogurt mixed with lemon curd, honey, and vanilla. 

I mean...this is summertime in a bowl, right?

I probably don't have to tell you that this is lemony, dreamy, and delicious! This is definitely an adult fruit salad, perfect for summer get-togethers. You can definitely taste the Limoncello and the fruit definitely does have a pronounced lemony flavor. However, as long as lemon is your vibe, then you will love this!

The lemon curd and Greek yogurt topping is just heavenly and delicious and I am already finding many other applications for it!

Fruit Salad with Limoncello

Adapted from Back To Basics

by Ina Garten

Serves 6

7 ounces Greek yogurt 

1/3 cup good bottled lemon curd

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 cups sliced strawberries (1 pint)

1 cup raspberries (1/2 pint)

1 cup blueberries (1/2 pint)

2 tablespoons sugar

3 tablespoons limoncello liqueur

1 banana, sliced

fresh mint sprigs

For the lemon yogurt topping, whisk together the yogurt, lemon curd, honey and vanilla and set aside at room temperature.

For the fruit salad, carefully toss together the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sugar, and limoncello. Allow them to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to let the berries macerate with the sugar and liqueur. Gently fold the banana into the mixture.

Serve bowls of fruit with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top. Top each with a sprig of fresh mint.

 


No Cooking Required @ IHCC

1 comment:

  1. I actually don't love limoncello on it's own but sign me up for anything with lemon curd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.