Sunday, December 12, 2021

Festive Appetizers For The Holidays!

There are so many wonderful festive holiday appetizers! I had planned to share a new one with you all today, but it just wasn't in the cards. I pulled a muscle in my back earlier in the week and it was starting to improve until Saturday night when the tornadoes wrecked havoc all over Kentucky. I woke up at 2:22 in the morning to sirens blaring and the weatherman shouting that "tornadoes were imminent and spotted nearby, moving a mile a minute." He kept shouting "seek shelter immediately." Well, it put the fear of God in me and let's just say I moved my 46 year old body way too fast, re-injuring my back somewhere in the panic of seeking shelter immediately. I can't even complain about my back though because we are all safe. There are too may who cannot say the same.

So, I will count my blessings and rest my back and share TWO FESTIVE APPETIZERS that I think would make a great addition for any holiday party! First up is Ruth Reichl's Retro Baked Cheddar Olives, followed by Ina Garten's Kielbasa with Mustard Dip. Both dishes would be the hit of any party and both would be great served warm or at room temperature!

Everyone needs some delicious and easy appetizers up their sleeve for the holiday season and these are just the thing. No fuss, no muss. Just make them, serve them, and you're golden! Click on the recipe title to be directed to the recipe!

                                                  Ruth Reichl's Baked Cheddar Olives

A retro appetizer if there ever was one, these Baked Cheddar Olives are unique and addictive! I think they would make the most wonderful festive appetizer for your holiday party. The green olive with the red pimento center brings the colors of the season to the table and baked cheddar coating is just like those cheese crackers everyone loves.These tasty pop-in-your-mouth goodies will be the talk of the party!

If you're in the mood for something a bit more substantial, or something that is rather dip-worthy, then Ina's Kielbasa with Mustard Dip is totally the move! Those savory and flavorful kielbasa nuggets go so well with the zippy mustard dip. It's like a burst of flavor in your mouth! I made these for the first time a little over a year ago and I bet I've made this 15 times since then. These would be a total hit at any get together or party!

Festive Appetizers @ IHCC!


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy to hear you didn't have damage or loss of life from the tornadoes. Does that happen often, the news alerts to seek shelter? That's terrifying. I am sorry you hurt your back.

    On the food front you have nailed it with wonderful appetizer suggestions. I could lick the page they look so darned good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.