Friday, December 4, 2009

Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies Week #10: Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies

Thank you to everyone for your kind and caring comments regarding my back. I've been dealing with back problems since I was a teenager and actually had some back surgery about five years ago. I've haven't really had any problems since the surgery, BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?).....I woke up Sunday and couldn't hardly walk. By Monday afternoon I was in the emergency room and was sent home with a big cocktail of prescriptions. I think I slept for about 3 days straight. I am finally starting to walk and move around some, but it is limited and only for short periods of time. Hopefully, things will continue to get better as the days go on :D

In the meantime, I have quite a few recipes that I made prior to the back injury. One of the recipes happens to be these Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies. I first saw these cookies over on Donna's site, My Tasty Treasures.

Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (10 ounce) package Andes mint baking chips
2 - 2/3 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend butter, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until ingredients are mixed. Add Andes Baking Chips and mix. Add Flour and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended together. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes. Spoon out approximately 1 oz of dough per cookie. Form a ball and then slightly flatten. Place on non-stick baking pans and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove.

Notes/Results: I think this is a great holiday cookie and loved the mint flavor! I think it's a great palate cleanser and would be a terrific dessert with a nice cup of coffee or hot cocoa. The cookie dough itself is a wonderful recipe and I would love to play around with it and try different add-in's. Another winner, thanks Donna!!

Hard to believe that it's the tenth week of Christmas cookies already. Click on any of the links below to see what all the other ladies made this week:
Megan of My Baking Adventures
Barbara of Barbara Bakes
April of Abby Sweets
Megan of Megan's Cookin
Denise of Keeper Worthy Recipes

I also wanted to say a special thank you if you have sent me an award this past week! I will be picking them up over the weekend and will be posting them soon!

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better :) Those cookies are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these chips at Walmart last night and wondered how good theses would be in a cookie, or brownie. Now I have a recipe to try with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the mint baking chips before, but I'll have to start looking out for them. What a fun, unique, delicious looking cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had such serious mint chocolate chip cravings lately. I've never seen these mint baking chips but I bet I could just chop up some Andes bars. Or some mint filled Hershey's kisses. Fantastic recipe.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a child, I devoured those Andes mints. How fun to see them as a cookie. Glad you are feeling better - back pain is so debilitating - cannot walk, sit, stand - lie down - one runs out of options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kim, I hope you feel better real soon. Sending prayers and hugs!
    Was one of those recipes you made BP (before pain) the challah? Cant wait to see it!
    But the cookies look awesome. We love mint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few weeks ago, I nominated your blog to be a featured blog on the Foodie BlogRoll's Finest Foodies Friday. You're up this week! http://www.foodieblogroll.com/finestfoodiesfriday/finest-foodies-friday-december-4-2009

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, they sound just great with the winter mintyness.
    Glad you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY WORD...mint cookies are falling from the skies! Everyone posted mint cookies! Just scanning my blog roll I counted 9 blogs with mint cookies and that does not include yours or mine!

    LOL!

    Hope your back to your old self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cookies!! I've been meaning to make them again...and yes, good with coffee! Spiked coffee, too ;) I'm glad you're back & medicated & hopefully back to feeling somewhat normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Mint is the perfect cookie mix-in for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so sorry to hear about your back. i really hope you get feeling better soon. these cookies look incredible, i could eat a hundred of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are on the mend--don't push it though! These cookies look delicious--I love anything with chocolate and mint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your back.
    I did my Christmas cookie baking yesterday and realized I did not have mint cookie. I will add this recipe to my list. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO glad your doing a bit better & hopefully you continue on the up hill. I love cookies with mint/chocolate combo-they are always a great addition to a cookie platter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ur cookies look wonderfull-are they the crunchy type?
    what exactly is 12 weeks of xmas cookies?too late to join nowisnt it?
    but where can i get the code of the logo, to post on my side bar,if its ok?its so so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad your starting to feel better. I remember these cookies from Donna's blog. They sound perfect for Christmas. We always have Andes mints - they would be so much better in this delicious cookie than all on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really nice to learn cooking.....to make something during your holidays, have you tried cooking India food...it is really great with all the spices...
    Try it out sometime...
    I have come across quite some europians who love indian food,,When it is first served they look at it like its nothing special....once it goes down their mouth...thats when they keep coming back for more...hehehe

    Diana Travel baby

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry about your back. Love this recipe and will be making it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look SOOO good. My mom makes something similar, but I'll have to try these! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.