Sunday, August 26, 2018

Eric Ripert's Raspberry Clafoutis


Dear Clafoutis,

You are my new love. My new go-to dessert. My new....why didn't I make you before?

Thank you for being so very easy, and quick, and versatile! You are a fruity delight topped with yogurt, or whipped cream, or even ice cream. You are economical and yet sophisticated! You make a good dessert to eat solo, and yet, you are impressive enough for entertaining. Best of all, I can pretend you are healthy because you kind of are. Aren't you?

There is no denying your popularity. You, my dear, are a secret weapon.

All my love,
Kim xoxo


Raspberry Clafouti
Adapted from Epicurious
by Eric Ripert
Serves 2

1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup sugar + more for ramekin
1 large egg
6 tablespoons half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh raspberries
Vanilla ice cream/whipped cream/yogurt -  optional*

Heat oven to 400F. Butter two 3-1/2 inch ramekins and dust with sugar.

Whisk egg until frothy and add sugar, half and half and vanilla extract; mix to combine.

Add the all-purpose flour and whisk very well.

Divide the raspberries into the ramekins and pour the batter over the raspberries.

Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine baked much longer/maybe 20 minutes) until golden brown and the middle is set.

Serve with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or yogurt. 



4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, this should have been my first love too, Kim! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? Cherry clafoutis is my old love and a dessert I make often, especially for guests. I don't see aaany other desserts in the horizon that could take its place. Glad you've found and like the clafoutis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I add my name to that letter? In anticipation, of course. I had no idea it was easy, or well....you make it sound easy! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh, love those little heart shaped ramekins! So cute. I've only made clafoutis once and you're right - it's so simple and good! The best kind of dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.