Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Burger Club Roundup: Caesar Salad and Flank Steak Burgers on Garlic Crostini


The third round of Burger Club ratings are in! This time around it was Build a Better Burger's Award-Winning Caesar Salad and Flank Steak Burger with Garlic Crostini. A ground flank steak burger with homemade caesar dressing, romaine lettuce, and lots of fluffy Parmesan cheese served between two pieces of garlic crostini.

This is the criteria used to rate the burger:

1 Star = Didn't like and wouldn't make again.
2 Stars = Liked but wouldn't make again.
3 Stars = Liked and will make again.
4 Stars = Loved! Will make often.

Reeni of Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
loves Caesar salad and thought the homemade Caesar dressing was one of the best she has ever tried. Reeni and her family found the burger itself to be very well-seasoned but would have preferred a softer roll, perhaps grilling only one side of the bread or even using Texas Toast as a bun for the burger. I personally love the idea of using the Texas Toast, great idea Reeni! Reeni gave the burger a 3.5 rating and said it was exceptionally delicious!

I'm so happy my friend Deb of Kahakai Kitchen had the chance to join in and make the burger this month. Deb thought the burger was juicy and flavorful and found the Caesar salad was nice and garlicky. Deb loved all the Parmesan "fluff" on top of the burger (me too!!) and gave the burger a 3.5 rating, stating that it was one of the best burgers she has made lately.

Barbara of Barbara Bakes loved the grilled sourdough which topped the burger and found it to be the best part of the recipe. Barbara also loved the homemade Caesar dressing, but found her burger to be a little on the dry side. Barbara gave the burger a 2.5 rating, saying that it was a tasty burger, but she probably wouldn't make it again. Barbara did say that she would most definitely be making grilled sourdough again and I have to agree with her. I loved the grilled sourdough too!

Kristin of Holy Cannoli Recipes loved the burger and even made her own ground steak. Way to go Kristin! Kristin and her husband are a very creative team because they came up with some wonderful ideas for this burger. Kristin's husband thought it would be great to marinate the steak in the dressing before grinding it, which sounds like a grand idea to me! Kristin loved the burger and mentioned that the next time she made it she would use ground chicken, making a Chicken Caesar Salad Burger. I say Kristin and her husband are full of all kinds of wonderful ideas. I'm thinking about moving in to her house -LOL! Kristin gave the burger a 3.5 rating.

I'm very happy to add in another Burger Club member, Brenda from Brenda's Canadian Kitchen. Brenda and her husband Joe loved the homemade dressing and thought the burger was very juicy. Brenda and Joe gave the burger it's best rating yet, 3.75! Thanks Brenda for leaving me a comment so that I could add your burger and rating to the roundup!!

Here at Stirring the Pot we really enjoyed the burger. I thought the burger was tender and flavorful and that the dressing was light and herbaceous. I loved the garlic crostini and found myself making that portion of the recipe in the days that followed. My husband and I also gave the burger a 3.5 rating.


A very big thank you to everyone who participated in this month's Burger Club! I loved all of your comments, ideas and suggestions!

Updated: I averaged out the ratings of all six participants, coming out with a 3.375 rating for the Caesar Salad and Flank Steak Burger with Garlic Crostini. This means the Caesar Salad Burger falls into the "Liked and will make again" category.

The original recipe for the burger can be found HERE.

A very big thank you to Reeni for letting me host this month's roundup! Reeni will be announcing the next Burger Club challenge shortly. Please stay tuned to Reeni's blog, Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice to catch all the info.

If I missed you in the roundup, please leave me a comment so that I can be sure to include you. I don't want to leave anyone out!

23 comments:

  1. HaHa I love your roundup! It was a very fun burger to make. I really look forward to making it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific round-up! All these burgers look fantastic and it's amazing to see so many different "faces" on the same burger. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent round up! Everyone did such a great job with their burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting to read this round-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun - taking all the different tastes of the bloggers into account - this burger does seem to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim the burgers look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing and hearing about them all over again is making me crave one! Delicious round-up! Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I did participate but for some reason the Mr. Linky closed earlier than was said so I wasn't able to link to it. :o( I thought it was great though, Joe and I loved it! Wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for adding me Kim! Next time you do something like this, I'll get my act in gear and not be so "last minute" about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those burgers all look great, but I'm really drooling over those crostini's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Reeni, I am craving them again! Great hosting and round up Kim and an excellent choice in burgers--this was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A burger throwdown! What a great idea. Perfect timing with the grills heating up. I'm intrigued by the idea of a caesar salad burger. Lemesee...burger, garlic bread, caesar dressing, crunchy lettuce, parmesan. What's not to like? FABOO idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog looks awesome. Those burgers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that this looks incredible. Great recipe and great round up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds amazing, and with ratings like that, I know I need to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a huge burger fan, but those all look yummy! I love the unique bread.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome round-up. The caesar salad burger has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems like this burger recipe went over really well with everyone who tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I swear, I'm always late for the party. My hubby has been out of town for 2 weeks and he comes home tonight and I'm making these burgers! I'm glad they got such a high rating.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was fun to read the roundup. Some great looking burgers. I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait you didn't post mine:(

    Just kidding, I didn't get around to it yet but still plan to. It just sounds so good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great roundup Kim. I'll add this burger idea to my list, since it is now prime season for hamburgers.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was able to find good information from your articles.


    my site; lean body x review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.