Saturday, September 19, 2009

Carmine's Garlic Butter & Garlic Bread Parmigiana

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that you already know how to make garlic bread and you already have your own recipe. However, I'm here to tell you that you absolutely have to make this garlic bread. It is downright delicious! This is hands down the very best garlic bread that I have ever ate. In fact, this garlic butter is so good that I'm going to try to keep it on hand as a staple.

Check out the list of ingredients for this garlic butter! It is loaded with tons of good ingredients. This recipe makes 1-1/4 cup garlic butter. You can use it for garlic bread or for many other applications! It stores in the refrigerator for up to one month (but once you taste it, it will never last that long!) I have already made garlic bread twice this past week and the family is begging for it again.
Garlic Butter - Carmine's Family-Style Cookbook
1 cup salted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
12 fresh oregano leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 8-10 cloves of garlic)
2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
2 tablespoons garlic powder (this is a lot of garlic powder, but it turns out beautifully)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, for about 3 minutes or until it is very soft. Mix in the remaining ingredients until they are well blended. Transfer the garlic butter to a glass dish, cover it, and refrigerate it. It will keep for 1 month. Let butter come to room temperature before using. (Notes: I have mine stored in a mason jar in the refrigerator. I have made two loaves of garlic bread, and have enough left for about 2 more loaves of garlic bread.

Yum- look at those crisp buttery edges filled with juicy butter!

Carmine's Garlic Bread Parmigiana - Carmine's Family-Style Cookbook
1 loaf of rustic country bread, baguette, or french bread
Carmine's garlic butter, how much depends on how much bread you have
2 teaspoons of Romano cheese

Preheat broiler. Slice bread into 1/2" thick slices. Toast the bread under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until it is golden brown. Turn the bread and toast the other side for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Turn off broiler and preheat the oven to 400F. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the butter on one side of each piece of toast, making sure to cover the entire surface. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the bread. Transfer the toasts to a sheet pan. Bake them for about 12 minutes or until they are crispy and lightly browned. (Notes: The 12 minutes cook time depends on the size of your toasts. Mine were very small and crostini sized and they baked in about 8 minutes. The 12 minute baking time would be for a piece of toast the size of regular bread).

Switching gears, I am absolutely IN LOVE with this cookbook, Carmine's Family-Style. Last week I posted the Chicken Alla Romano; Rustic Lentil Soup; and Spice Cookies with Lemon Icing. This week I've already made the Garlic Butter and Garlic Bread Parmigiana; Beef Cutlet Milanese with Caper, Roasted Pepper, and Tomato Butter Sauce; Carmine's Marinara Sauce; and Pork Chops with Sweet and Hot Vinegar Peppers. All of the dishes have been loaded with flavor and big hits! There will be many more future posts from this cookbook :D

13 comments:

  1. garllc butter....this time I am gonna make it. You put me into gear

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh....we love garlic bread. Would it work if I use the minced garlic in a jar from the fridge? And herbs from the spice cabinet? That's what I have on hand and I want some garlic bread RIGHT NOW!
    ♥,Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking this Carmine person too! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to get enough garlic in my diet and this homemade garlic butter looks out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like some kind of housewife crack! I want it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim-- this looks delicious. Love the cheesy garlicky goodness. I have to relook at this book, Ive only made a few. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! So funny you posted about homemade garlic bread today--I made some in today's vid post that I'll have up tonight! Mine is much more basic--but two great minds do think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm! not on my list of WW filling foods, but so delish. This garlic butter would make a great seafood scampi. I love my Carmine's cookbook. I will make this at Thanksgiving and Christmas to go with my antipasto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that sound absolutely devine!! I have never made a butter like this, but I can totally see it becoming a staple in the fridge. I could eat that every night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want to eat this bread for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This really looks good! I'm going to have to break down and purchase that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is some serious garlic butter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just ate and I'm full but this looks GOOD☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.