Thursday, July 8, 2010

Poppee's Popcorn North Ridgeville, Ohio


Poppee’s Popcorn, Inc.
38727 Taylor Parkway
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
Phone (800)452-3235
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST

We just got back from our week long vacation up in northern Ohio. We had a lot of fun visiting with my Dad and childhood friends. We also had time for a lot of other fun things: Cedar Point Amusement Park, Cleveland's West Side Market, dinner at Michael Symon's Bar Symon, and lots 4th of July fireworks and celebrations. There are always a million things I want to do when I go back for a visit. One of our family traditions is to go to Poppee's Popcorn, aka Jenny's Popcorn, in North Ridgeville, Ohio.

I first discovered Poppee's Popcorn while on my way to work years ago. Poppee's was located right by my office, where I used to go to work every morning. Back then I always rode with my windows down and every morning I would drive by and smell the sweet scent of caramel corn wafting from their popcorn factory. One day I decided that I had enough of "just smelling" the popcorn and I decided to go in and see what they had to offer.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I walked into Poppee's, but what I found tickled me to death. Poppee's sold HUGE 5 pound bags of their popcorn!! I had never seen such a huge bag of popcorn and I had to buy one, if only for a joke. That 5 pound bag of popcorn is ABSOLUTELY HUGE! No matter who you are, you have to laugh when you see it. It is at least 3 feet tall and about a foot wide. In fact, the entire bag is just about as big as my nine year old daughter.

To make a long story short, the very first 5 pound bag of popcorn was a HUGE HIT and everyone requested another and another. We've been buying those 5 pound bags of Poppee's Popcorn for the past ten years and it has become a big family tradition. Not only is it a fun thing to buy, it is economical ($7 for 5 pounds), and it's delicious.

We always pack the car a special way so that we have enough room to bring back 2 five-pound bags with us to Kentucky (my in-law's request a bag too)! This time around we got 2 five-pound bags and a pound of cheese corn. I highly recommend Poppee's if you live in the area or even if you are passing through. The kids go absolutely crazy for it and adults like it too. Either way, I couldn't resist sharing the picture of all that crazy good popcorn goodness!

Can't wait to get back into the kitchen and catch up on all my blog reading! Looks like you all have been making some great things.

22 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't post twice, not sure what happened to my last one. I just wanted to say welcome back and you were missed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is too funny--those popcorn bags are ginormous!

    Sounds like you had a fabulous trip and I am really happy you are back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow huge bags we used to live in Cleveland love west side market

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!! I didn't know about this place, but I'll have to check it out next time I'm "back home".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa this sounds like such a fun place! Everyone needs at least a 5 pound bag of popcorn sitting around their house. That's what I've decided after reading this.

    I need to hear about Symon's restaurant! What did you eat? Did you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! And you came bearing gifts! Those giant bags are so funny - I bet the cheese corn is excellent. And like Joanne - I'd like to hear more about Symon's restaurant. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check-out that popcorn loot! Those bags are huge. I would love it. My kids would love it too.

    Isn't it great to go on vacation and great to return home too? Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to see you back in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you had fun on your vacation! I need one too! :) The popcorn sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popcorn is such a fun food, I can't blame your family for wanting it. Poppees sounds like such a neat establishment. Those bags are huge! How long does it take for your family to go through one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that? I want a 5pound bag of popcorn too. I'm tempted to make my own now, but I think mr P might freak LOL.
    Have a great weekend.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wouldn't that make a super birthday gift, Kim? Any age would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!!! Welcome back Kim =) Oh man, cheese corn is a weakness of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, snap! That's a lot of popcorn. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself! That was very cool of you. Good to meet you, too, Kim! :)

    Happy Friday!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely fun place! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What do you do with all that popcorn? What a neat place. Thanks for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a nice vacation! Love the popcorn tradition too.

    Jealous of your dinner at Michael Symon's restaurant - how was it??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really glad you had a nice vacation! This looks like perfect road food! Or anything food really :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My children would love those huge bags! Id love to see their expression upon seeing them. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummmm have enough popcorn? ;)

    I want to go to Cedar Pointe in the next year or two with Trevor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness - I think I could eat one of those bags myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kim - this is Jennifer from Poppee's. Thanks so much for the great review! We would love to send you some popcorn as a thank you and to tide you over till your next visit. Call or email anytime to let us know where we can send it!
    Jennifer McGuire
    Poppee's Popcorn
    440-327-0775
    jmcguire@jennyspopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.