Saturday, February 14, 2009

Potato Gnochhi with Peas, Prosciutto, and Ricotta - TFF

When I created this blog I was fortunate enough to find another blog named Tyler Florence Fridays. This blog is so much fun to be a part of. We can cook any recipe from Tyler's collection and then everyone's recipes are posted each Friday. There is always a wide variety of items each Friday and I really look forward to seeing what others cook. It is inspiring to me since I am currently cooking my way through one of Tyler's newest books, Stirring the Pot. This recipe was our February monthly challenge. If you click on the TFF link on my page you will be able to view the recipe.

This dish was very flavorful and was full of different textures. There was the crispy prosciutto and peas, the soft and fluffy gnochhi, the creamy ricotta, and the smooth sauce with shallots. I don't think I would change anything about this dish. It really is a perfect and complex dish and hits all your taste buds. I will say, however, that this was a rather lengthy dish to prepare. I'm guessing it took at least over an hour to get everything together and plated. Towards the end there were several things happening at once. Next time, I would make the gnochhi ahead of time, if possible. I would also have the ricotta prepared and set aside. This way you could concentrate on cooking the gnochhi, baking the prosciutto, blanching the peas, and making the sauce.

I am looking forward to seeing other people cook this recipe during February. I am willing to bet that everyone who tries this recipe will love it.

Good recipe Tyler!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic. I have to get myself a chunk of time to try this one. I so know would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--your gnocchi looks great! I have been a bit nervous to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.