Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Truffles

Happy Valentine's Day!!! What better way to celebrate than with chocolate? Today I made four different types of truffles. I followed Alton Brown's recipe on Food Network and omitted the brandy. I wanted to make truffles without liquor since they were for children. Instead of coating the truffles in cocoa power we used: crushed and salted cashews, rainbow sprinkles, powdered sugar, and mint flavored sprinkles. The truffles turned out so pretty and they were so addictive!! They were smooth and creamy and well, I had to try all four different flavors. If you love a good truffle recipe, try Alton Brown's on Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the truffles. I will have to try his!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.