Sunday, October 20, 2024

Giada's Grilled Lamb Chops

 My son had a lamb dish at a restaurant and kept talking about it over and over so I decided to try my hand at grilling lamb chops. 

I chose Giada's recipe for Grilled Lamp Chops because I had just harvest all my herbs and have been trying to use them up. This recipe was so simple. You make a paste with garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, salt, and olive oil. Then you marinate the chops in that paste for an hour. After marinading the chops, you allow them to come to room temperature and then you grill them for just 2 or 3 minutes per side.

This couldn't be any easier. The paste really flavors up the chops and they are tender. juicy, and succulent! We really enjoyed these!

Grilled Lamp Chops

Adapted from Food Network

by Giada De Laurentiis

Serves 4

2 large garlic cloves, crushed

1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves

1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves

pinch cayenne pepper

coarse sea salt

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

6 lamp chops, about 3/4" thick

In a food processor, or mortar and pestle, add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in the olive oil and pulse into a paste. Alternatively, grind with a mortar and pestle until you have a paste. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature; it will take about 20 minutes.

Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3-1/2 minutes for medium. 

Simple Is Best @ I Heart Cooking Clubs!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.