Sunday, October 6, 2024

Erin French's Apple Cider and Rosemary Sorbet From The Lost Kitchen!

Over the summer I made ten different ice creams, or frozen treats, and learned a lot! A few weeks ago I bought some apple cider and decided to pour it into my ice cream machine. The instant results were delicious, kind of like an apple cider slushy or granita. When I put away the leftovers, however, they froze solid in the freezer. I had a feeling that would happen.

That very week, I bought Erin French's The Lost Kitchen Cookbook and saw her recipe for Apple Cider and Rosemary Sorbet! Imagine my surprise when Erin added a rosemary infused simple syrup to the apple cider. Turns out the simple syrup is exactly what this needed to sweeten the dessert up and also keep the sorbet more scoopable in the freezer. Simple syrup for the win! And by the way, use ALL the simple syrup. It might seem like a lot, but Erin says when things freeze they usually require more sugar because our taste buds can't taste the sweetness as much.

Look, this is THE FALL DESSERT OF YOUR DREAMS! Seriously, it's so easy and refreshing and delicious - literally everyone should be making it! Make it with a basic simple syrup, infuse it with rosemary for some added earthiness, scoop it into a glass and pour some Prosecco over it. Whatever you do, just make it! Its amazing!

 Apple Cider & Rosemary Sorbet

Adapted from The Lost Kitchen

by Erin French

Makes about 1 pint

Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe follows)

2 cups apple cider

Making The Rosemary Simple Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, and 4 sprigs of rosemary in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to boil just long enough for the sugar to dissolve, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool. Pour into a jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to a week  

Making The Sorbet: Combine the rosemary simple syrup and apple cider, then transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's directions (or as I like to say, until you get the desired consistency).

 

 I Heart Cooking Clubs Welcomes Erin French!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.