Sunday, October 13, 2024

Erin French's Apple Cider and Prosecco Cocktail from The Lost Kitchen!

My daughter bought her first new car so it was time to celebrate with cocktails! And a fall cocktail is just what's in order. An Apple Cider and Prosecco Cocktail from The Lost Kitchen Cookbook.

In Erin's cookbook she calls for straight up apple cider mixed with rosemary simple syrup and Cognac. I happened to have her Apple Cider and Rosemary Sorbet from last week, so I used that in place of the liquid.

All I had to do was scoop some sorbet into a Champagne glass, top with 1/2 ounce Cognac, and then pour the Prosecco on and garnish with a rosemary spring!

Quick and easy, but also refreshing and crisp. We loved the earthiness of the rosemary with the fruitiness of the cider, and let's not forget...bubbles from the Prosecco. It makes for a lovely fall cocktail!

 

Cider-Prosecco Cocktail

Adapted from The Lost Kitchen 

by Erin French

Makes 1 cocktail

1/2 ounce apple cider, chilled

1/2 ounce Rosemary simple syrup*

1/2 ounce Cognac

Prosecco, chilled

Rosemary sprig, for garnish

*Note: You can use apple cider and rosemary simple syrup, but I'm using a scoop of the apple cider sorbet that I made last week which has both apple cider and rosemary simple syrup in it.

Pour the apple cider, rosemary simple syrup, and Cognac into a champagne glass (or place a scoop of apple cider sorbet into a champagne glass). Top with Prosecco (and Cognac if using apple cider sorbet) and garnish with a spring of rosemary.


 Nibbles & Sips @ I Heart Cooking Clubs!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.