Sunday, September 3, 2023

Garden Fresh: Creamy Roasted Cherry Tomato Ricotta Pasta {My Fave Summer Pasta Recipe}!

 I love garden fresh pasta dishes that I can throw together with ingredients from my own backyard: cherry tomatoes, basil, and oregano!Have you tried this hand-dipped basket ricotta? It is amazing...creamier and fresher and softer and just a step above the regular storebought ricotta we've been getting for years.Homegrown cherry tomatoes are just a step above the rest. Sweeter and just so different than the storebought varieties. I grew a mix of red and yellow. My basil and oregano grow so well in the backyard. I love being able to step out back and cut fresh herbs!

I'm convinced the best smell in the world is cherry tomatoes, garlic, oil, red pepper flakes and fresh herbs baking away in the oven. The aroma is so heavenly that people will be lining up in the kitchen! Just look at all that flavor! Use a spoon a stir in the fresh ricotta to create a flavor-packed sauce for your pasta. I mean doesn't it just look mouth-watering?

This was among one of my favorite dishes of the summer and also one of my favorite dishes of the year. I made this about a month ago and just now have enough cherry tomatoes to make it again. If you're lucky enough to have some fresh cherry tomatoes, do yourself a favor and make this dish! Use some really good ricotta and be ready to be transported to one of the tastiest garden fresh pastas you will ever enjoy!

Creamy Cherry Tomato Roasted Ricotta Pasta

Adapted from Half Baked Harvest

by Tieghan Gerard

Serves 4-6

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 cups cherry tomatoes

6-10 cloves garlic, smashed

3-4 sprigs fresh oregano

crushed red pepper flakes, to taste

salt and black pepper, to taste

1/2 cup ricotta cheese

1 pound long or short cut pasta

2 tablespoons salted butter

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup fresh basil

Preheat oven to 425F. On a baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes are bursting.

Optional: Add 2/3's of the tomatoes, the garlic, and the ricotta to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. (I skipped the blender step and just mixed these ingredients together for a chunkier version of the sauce - which we like better.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, remove 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.

In the same pot, melt together the butter. Cook until the butter is browning, then add the tomato mixture and 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, stirring until combined. Mix in the Parmesan.

Add the pasta to the sauce and butter, tossing to combine. If needed, thin the sauce with a little of the reserved pasta cooking water. Garnish with additional cheese and fresh basil, and serve! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.