Sunday, March 11, 2018

Tri-berry Oven Pancakes


If you're looking for the perfect dish for your spring brunch, Ina Garten's Tri-berry Oven Pancakes are just the thing! A colorful mix of fresh berries nestled in a puffy oven pancake drizzled with honey and a dusting of powdered sugar. I'm convinced there is no better way to start the day!

Oven pancakes are perfect for entertataining. Mix up a batch, fill your ramekins, and let the pancakes puff away in the oven while you talk with your guests. I love how customizable this recipe is. I have visions of a beautiful buffet brimming with a colorful array of fruit and a fun variety of toppings: Greek yogurt, whipped cream, lemon curd, grated chocolate, and cinnamon sugar just to name a few. I think it has potential to be the best brunch party ever!


Tri-berry Oven Pancakes
Adapted from Back To Basics
by Ina Garten
Serves 4

1 cup each raspberries, blueberries, and sliced strawberries*
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 4 teaspoons for the dishes
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk*
12 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
Maple syrup/honey and confectioners' sugar, for garnish

*Notes: My store was out of blueberries, so I used blackberries. Your gratin dishes should measure 6 inches in diameter across the bottom and 7 inches across the top. I used skim milk in place of whole milk.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Gently combine the berries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside while you make the pancakes. Place 4 (6 to 7 inch) individual gratin dishes on two sheet pans. Place 1 teaspoon of butter in each gratin dish and set aside.

Place the eggs in the bowlof an electric mixer fitted with a whick attachment and beat on medium speed until mixed. Add the milk and combine. Slowly add the flour, vanilla, orange zest, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and the salt and mix just until smooth. Whisk by hand if the mixture is lumpy.

Place the gratin dishes in the oven for 3 minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Make sure the butter cover the bottom of each dish. Immediately divide the batter equally among the gratin dishes and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Divide the berries among the dishes, drizzle with maple syrup or honey, dust with confectioners sugar, and serve hot.



5 comments:

  1. This does look like a fun breakfast. I like all the toppings you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pancakes are so much fun! Love the colors and the flavors. I agree it's a good choice for brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any pancake recipe that doesn't have me standing over my griddle all morning! the berries on top are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed this is a perfect breakfast buffet dish that's good looking and easy to customize for everyone's liking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be one happy gal if someone make this for my breakfast! Looks so pretty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.