Last week Donna of My Tasty Treasures posted these sinful chocolate peanut butter cream cheese bars. Peanut butter and chocolate is a marriage made in heaven, so I had to try these.
I ran to the store and gathered up all the ingredients and got to work. You can find the recipe here on Donna's site.
The recipe starts with peanut butter cookie dough baked in a 9x13 inch baking pan to form the crust. You will also need to bake about 6 peanut butter cookies at the same time. These are reserved for crushing and sprinkling on top of the finished product. The recipe calls for the peanut butter cookie dough mix, but I used the frozen cookie dough. The second layer is a mixture of melted chocolate and butter that is spread over the peanut butter cookie dough. It hardens when it cools and ends up with a texture almost like a Hershey's chocolate bar. The third layer is the stuff that dreams are made of! It consists of peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, and cream cheese. It is sinful and addictive. These bars are decadent, creamy and delicious. You will not be able to stop at one! Thanks Donna!
I am thankful to receive two awards this week. An honest scrap award from Michelle at Ms. Enplace and a Kreativ Blogger award from Tina at Life in the Slow Lane at Squirrel Head Manor. Thank you to both of you! I always look forward to reading both of your blogs.
The rules of each awards are somewhat the same. The honest scrap award asks you to share 10 honest things about yourself and the Kreativ blogger award asks that you share 7 interesting things. I'm going to attempt and combine the two and share seven honest and hopefully interesting things.
1) I have a celebrity crush on Jimmy Fallon. He has such a boyish charm. I've always been a sucker for guys who make me laugh. His late night talk show is one of my favorites.
2) I'm feeling kind of sad that my little boy is turning three on Saturday. I wish he could be sweet and little forever.
3) One of my guilty pleasures is watching the new 90210. The scary thing is that I like it, but worry about all the young kids who are easily influenced by it.
4) My husband likes simple and easy food. The other day he asked me when we were going to eat normal again. Evidently cheeseburger soup is exotic to him :D
5) Ever since I was eight years old, Elton John's "That's Why They Call it The Blues" has been my most favorite song ever.
6) My daughter is like my new best friend. Who knew you could have such profound conversations with an eight year old? She's one smart cookie.
7) I wish we could all meet over lunch or dinner and bring our favorite dishes and recipes. Wouldn't that be fun? I feel thankful to finally meet people who share a love of cooking and baking.
Thanks again to Tina and Michelle for the awards!! I know I should pass these awards on, but it's so hard to pick and narrow it down.
Don't forget to head on over and see what the other ladies made for 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!!
Megan of My Baking Adventures
Barbara of Barbara Bakes
April of Abby Sweets
Megan of Megan's Cookin
Denise of Keeper Worthy Recipes