Friday, January 9, 2009

Part Two - RECIPES

Now it is time to start cooking!! I was so excited to go to Fresh Market today and buy the ingredients for my first three recipes.

I cooked a recipe from the ROAST chapter - Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil
Then I cooked another recipe from the SAUTE chapter - Grilled Cheese with Smoked Mozzerella and Basil Pesto. The recipes were very straightforward and easy to do. I enjoyed working with some different ingredients.

I am not going to cook my way from the beginning to end of the book. Instead I am going to sometimes combine dishes from chapters to make a complete meal. Then other times I will probably have to go by what is in season.

The third recipe I am making is from the ROAST chapter - Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Cheese Tortellini. Should be posted sometime this weekend or early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.