Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I love to cook.....


Over the past 15 years I have collected more than 100 cookbooks. When I was 17 I wanted to open up my own restaurant with one of my best friends. Somewhere I lost my vision and ended up working full-time in an office with a Bachelor's in Business. Now I have two children and I am a stay at home mom. This is the perfect set up for someone who wants to start an adventure in cooking.

I have always been interested in cooking my way through an entire cookbook. My biggest hurdle was picking the right book. The past few weeks I have been inspired by some really great blogs about food and decided to make this blog a New Year's Resolution.

This morning I chose Stirring the Pot by Tyler Florence because it is a collection of just about 100 recipes. I figure that with two children and a husband who travels that this is just the right size for me to start with. I LOVE the way the book is broken up into sections. Most books are in sections like meat, poultry, side dishes, desserts. Tyler's book is really creative in that his sections are simply: Roast, Saute, Braise, Fry, Grill, Steam, Bake, and Fresh and Raw. Genius!!

I am going to attempt to cook one section at a time. However, some ingredients are hard to find and since I live in the not so big metropolis of Georgetown, KY I might have to pick what is in season or available. I hope you enjoy the blog. Better yet, buy the book and join me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, what an inspiring journey. I too have decided to start a challenge as a New Year's Resolution and document my journey on a blog. It's really encouraging to see how far you've come and that these things can be stuck to, so thanks for that! If you want to take a look, my blog is at http://lifeexperimentsproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.