Sunday, April 14, 2024

Michael Symon's Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

 

 I've been wanting to try my hand at making Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce for years, but I don't grill often and my son is allergic to nuts, so it makes things difficult.

Today, however, I had all the ingredients and my son was at work so I thought the timing was just right. I got my new cast iron grill pan out and whipped up the peanut sauce: peanut butter, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and a jalapeno. 

I cut up the chicken thighs into halves and marinaded them in the peanut sauce for a little while before threading them onto skewers. Grilled them on one side for 3 minutes, then the other side for about 3 minutes and it was done! Easy and peasy oh so delicious!

This is a perfect recipe for this time of year, whether you like to grill indoors or outdoors. It's light and flavorful and quite healthy!

This version uses only about 5 ingredients, but I can see spicing things up with some red pepper flakes or spicy peppers. I liked serving the chicken on some warm and fluffy naan bread, but you could also serve it with veggies and rice.

 

Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

Adapted from Michael Symon's 5 in 5

by Michael Symon

Serves 6-8

 2 tablespoons peanut butter

grated zest and juice of 2 oranges

1 jalapeno, minced

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup olive oil

8 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved*

salt and freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired

*Notes: I had a little over 2 pounds of chicken thighs and there was plenty of marinade to go around.

Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, orange zest and juice, jalapeno, soy sauce and olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with half of the peanut sauce, mixing well to coat the meat.

Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto each of 8 skewers. Put the skewers on the grill, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the meat, cover, and cook until the meat is well caramelized, about 2 minutes.

Remove the skewers from the grill and put them on a platter. Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce and top with the cilantro and jalapeno, if you wish. Serve immediately. 

Five Ingredients @ I Heart Cooking Clubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.