Sunday, February 11, 2024

{Game Day Eats} Chicken and Bacon Ranch Puff Pastry Pizza

In my last post, detailing my favorite top ten recipes of the year, I shared that the puff pastry pizzas from Jessica Merchant's How Sweet Eats blog were our all-time favorite recipes of the year. I am crazy for the Zucchini, Lemon and Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Pizza, but my family loves the classic Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza, so I thought I'd try another classic flavor this time around: Chicken and Bacon Ranch Puff Pastry Pizza.

Look, the trickiest thing you have to do here is remember to thaw the puff pastry the day of or the night before making this. Topping the pizza is easy peasy! These puff pastry pizzas are mostly one pan dishes that are mess-free, quick, easy, and super delicious. 

I made this version for my husband to enjoy on Superbowl Sunday. The puff pastry is topped with ranch dressing with chives and dill, then shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and then more ranch, dill and scallions. My husband thought it was very good, perfect for game day, and that all the flavors were balanced. The puff pastry bakes up all high around the toppings and is so crispy and flaky. Give it a try!

Chicken and Bacon Ranch Puff Pastry Pizza

Adapted from Everyday Dinners

by Jessica Merchant

Serves 2-4

3 slices bacon, chopped

1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed

1/3 cup ranch dressing

1/2 teaspoon dried dill

1/2 teaspoon dried chives

2/3 cup cooked and shredded chicken

3/4 freshly grated Cheddar cheese

2 scallions, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill

Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until it just begins to crisp. Do not cook all the way or it will burn in the oven! Scoop the bacon out with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel to remove excess grease.

Place the sheet of puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1/3 cup of the ranch dressing on the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on the edges. Sprinkle the dried dill and chives along the edges. Scatter the chicken and cheese over the ranch dressing. Sprinkle the bacon on top.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining ranch and sprinkle with the scallions and fresh dill. Puff pastry is best served shortly after making.

Game Day Eats @ I Heart Cooking Clubs
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.