Sunday, May 19, 2019

White Bean Dip with Pita Chips


Giada's White Bean Dip with Pita Chips has been on my "to-make" list for about 10 years. So it's about time that I finally got in the kitchen to make it.  Now, I've made my fair share of bean dips and I've loved them all, but I think the thing that draws people to this recipe is the puffy golden baked pita chips. I mean they look perfectly dunkable, don't they? Crunchy and herby and crisp and golden...they are addictive!

Then you have the bean dip...simple and satisfying. It's really no wonder this recipe has 378 five-star reviews on the Food Network.  I think pretty much anyone would enjoy it at a party or potluck. It's got that whole texture satisfaction thing going on, a little creamy and a little crunchy.  Not to mention it's all fairly healthy, as far as appetizers go.

If you wanted to make this more veggie-forward that would be easy to do.  Carrot sticks, celery sticks, radishes, snow peas, endive leaves, any dippable veggie would be great on the side.

If you're looking for a winning appetizer recipe, look no further! This is a winner!


White Bean Dip with Pita Chips
Adapted from Food Network
by Giada De Laurentiis
Serves 6-8 

1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
6 pitas
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Preheat oven to 400F. Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor (I used my high-speed blender and it worked just fine).  Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.

Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges.  Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet.  Pour the remaining oil over the pitas.  Toss and spread out the wedges evenly.  Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper.  Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.

Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.


2 comments:

  1. I love that she includes fresh herbs in her bean dip! So much fresh flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bean dip, but I love the white bean dip in that lovely green bowl. Looks wonderful and delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.