Sunday, April 24, 2016

Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas {Something To Eat On The Sofa}


Ok everybody. Let's discuss the grocery store.  Lately I am not a fan. It's crowded, it's hot, they are always rearranging things and then have the nerve to install those new environmentally friendly lights that are so dim you can't see, you run into everyone you know (which is nice, but not when you're on a mission to get in and get out), and quite frankly the whole endeavor takes about half the afternoon!  Drive there, try to shop while making small talk with everyone you know because you live in a small town, go on a hunt that requires night goggles so you can see in the dark, pack it onto the conveyor belt, mess with your coupons, talk to some more people you know, pay and mess with your coupons again, pack it out into the car, talk to some more people, pat some kids on the head, drive home, bring it all in, trip over the dog who wants to smell every bag, and finally, put it all away.  Of course all the while everyone is whining about why it took so long and asking whether I have any idea how hungry they are. Poor helpless dears.

Never fear. Rotisserie chicken to the rescue. To be honest, sometimes I just pick up a chicken and salad and throw it at everyone when I walk in from the grocery because I simply have nothing left in me. However today I was craving something I could eat on the sofa, because quite frankly, after that shopping trip, that is where I plan to spend the rest of the day. I am officially done!

Thankfully everyone is a fan of a chicken quesadilla and Curtis Stone's Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla works for the whole family. Tortillas (flour or corn), Monterey Jack cheese, shredded chicken, your favorite barbecue sauce, cilantro, and diced jalapeno, and don't forget the sofa.  Put your show on, get your plate, lay back and enjoy! Unless of course you simply have to get up and make yourself another quesadilla, which is entirely possible since these are so delicious!


Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
Adapted from Relaxed Cooking
by Curtis Stone
Serves 4

Four 10-inch diameter flour tortillas
2 cups coarsely shredded roasted chicken
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
room temperature butter, for frying

Preheat the oven to 250F. Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and jalapeno among the tortillas, scattering the ingredients over half the tortilla.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle the barbecue sauce over the top of the filling.  Fold the uncovered half of the tortilla over the filling to form a half-moon shape. Butter the outside of the tortilla, if you wish.

Heat a large flat griddle pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas on the griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are golden and the cheese has melted.  Transfer the quesadillas to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve.



Theme: Something To Eat On The Sofa


12 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect easy sofa dinner to me. I have to be in the mood for the grocery store and go at odd times (early or late) so I miss the crowds as much as possible! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a riot -- I'm with you! I live in San Francisco and I still run into people who want to chat at the supermarket. Nooooooo That dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find just about everything exhausting lately and grocery shopping is no exception! Love how easily this comes together and how few ingredients it requires so you can get in and get OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with your grocery shopping trips. I feel the same way about going to Costco. These look really good and will have to put them on my rotation for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quesadillas are packed with healthy ingredients. Can I borrow it for my lunch box ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rotisserie chicken has been a lifesaver for me many a time and there is no better end use for it than in this quesadilla. My family would live this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim,
    You made me giggle with your grocery store story! I know just what you mean, half a day is gone when I am at the grocery supermarket. Nowadays I order my groceries online, and they will be delivered right to my doorstep! But I do go to the grocery store, only not so often. Save a lot of time and money, as I am not there to grab things on offer!
    The quesadillas is the perfect snack to munch on the sofa! I've made this before and they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. reviews you postingkan very interesting fellow, good luck
    http://www.kangalip.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. HATE grocery shopping but only because I just don't like it. But it has to be done....

    This looks like the perfect quick nite meal. I have it marked for later!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this is great, another one I can earmark for upcoming Curtis Dtine events. I am so happy you all picked Curtis, I had no experience with him and I am enjoying everything I have made so far. The other day I googled one of his recipes and there was a video. It was cool listening to his accent, I hadn't heard him speak before.

    Great sofa food, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I'm definitely pinning this.
    This post cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.